The Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club is one of Australia's leading and best yacht clubs within the sport of sailing and is regarded as one of the premier yacht clubs in Australia. The Club's racing program and activities are second to none. Our professional event administrators ensure that yacht racing is innovative, safe and user orientated with a varied program year round, combining inshore and offshore racing. We pride our club on its ability to host high quality, professional events in a pristine environment. Racing is conducted all year round on most days of the week. The annual racing program outlines each event and when it is scheduled. Crew are always welcome to join in the races and an online crew register is available. Skippers will contact you or you can add your name to the crew board outside the sailing office on race days. Members of any age or ability can enjoy the various fleets, divisions, great sailing locations and competition. The Club has a wide and varied range of sailing activities available, including training and seminars to increase your skills.
I'm a boat owner, how do i go racing?
To do so the following items are required:
- The boat has a current and valid Australian Sailing Audit Form.
- The boat is entered online into the particular Series "event".
- Any applicable Rating Certificates are submitted to the Sailing Office.
- Hold appropriate Insurance race cover.
With the knowledge and understanding that every off beach dinghy is unique, so, depending on your boat, they let you choose between agreed and market value.
Get a Quote today
View the specific icons listed on this page for more information including how to find crew and or register for crew.
I'm ready to race, what do i need?Now that you have registered online to race, had your Australian Sailing Audit completed and submitted required race documents.
You will need to collect the following items from Reception or the Sailing Office:
- A Sailing Handbook (also available to download). The annual book contains the Notice of Race, Sailing Instructions, list of scheduled races and more.
- A course sheet so you know the race coures. Remember to check for any amendments.
- A division colour pennant, available from teh Sailing Office.
- A RPAYC Racing pennant, available from Reception.
What is an Australian Special Regulation Form?
The Special Regulations are a series of requires that all boats must meet to be able to go racing in Australia. There are also some local and State maritime requirements that can also apply and these will be stated in the Notice of Race document.
Every "event" is classified into a category of race, from catergory 7 - 0. At the RPAYC the majority of races are classified Category 7 with the addition of Club specific requirements. These are generally events that are held inshore or with in the Broken Bay Offshore Zone, 2nm.
Short Offshore events are classified Category 4 and Bluewater events Category 3 or 1 depending on their length and whether they are an overnight event.
Click on the icon below to download your RPAYC Special Regulations Form and for further information on the rules and regulations which are available online at the Australian Sailing website www.sailing.org.au
Register to Race
- Where you can select the event(s) you wish to compete in.
- If an existing registered boat: Follow the steps listed, Enter your Sailing Number and Password. Check your details, read the conditions of entry and submit. You will recieve a confirmation email of your entry.
- If you are a new boat: Follow the steps listed for a 'New Boat'. You will be asked to complete a new blank entry. Once completed and you have read the conditions of entry then select submit. You will recieve a confirmation email of your entry.
Remember by submitting an Entry you are acknowledging that you and your crew meet the conditions of entry, are aware of the Racing Rules of Saiing and other Regulations applicable.
Crew Finder Options
- Speak to one of our Crew Co-ordinators who can assist on a race day to direct crew to you.
- Register on the Club APP, Member Point (download from the App store today)- Coming Soon
- Register on the MySailTeam website
- Register on the Sailconnect APP
As a boat owner you can also register your boat for needing crew for specific events and positions or just in general so crew can find you! Remember the more information you input the more chances you have at connecting with the right crew. Both systems are free to use and are used across a number of Yacht Clubs.
The Sailing Office will direct all crewing enquires to these sites, so please take the time to review them.
Open: Tuesday - Saturday
Tel: 02 9998 3700