A limited number of rolls will be available for collection, we suggest that you pre-order your race lunch before race day and collect from the Grab and Go station in Halyards.
Download an UPDATED Lunch Order Form here and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at either Reception or Halyards.
For current opening hours in Halyards - Click Here
Round 2 was another great success with 99 sailors hitting the water over the 2 sessions. Running between June & August, this new series comprises of 6 rounds and is open to off the beach boats for Club Members & Visitors.
Thanks to our amazing volunteers for their time both on and off the water.
Click here for Round 2 Results.
Click Here for Race Documents, Entry and more details on the event.
Some images from Session 2 are online here.
More images from Session 2 are online here.
The Annual General Meeting will be held at the Club on Tuesday 21 July at 8pm – the Notice of Meeting can be found on the Members Portal.
A ballot will be held for the role of Commodore with nominees Ron Palmer and Allen Stormon.
All other positions up for election have been filled by a single nomination. Congratulations to the following members who, from 21 July 2020, will fill these roles:
- Leon Wilson - Vice Commodore
- Julia Hornsby – Rear Commodore Activities
- Andy Springer – Rear Commodore Centreboard
- David Williams – Rear Commodore Cruising
Click here for the Members Portal to view the Notice of Meeting, Minutes of the 2019 AGM, the Ballot Timetable and Nominees’ CVs.
I hope that this message finds you well.
Wednesday 1 July 2020 will mark 100 days since the Federal Government closed Clubs around the country. Over that time, we have kept our food and beverage operation open by providing ‘Grab & Go’ food and drinks and maintained an operational boatyard and marina. We were the last Club to hold a yacht race going into the lockdown and were the first club back racing when restrictions permitted, and now the gym is open and training is back on.
This Wednesday will see more changes with the easing of restrictions.
- Food & Beverage- From 1 July Halyards will once again be open. All dining will move from the Edinburgh Bar and Admiral’s Cup Room to Halyards. Members and guests will be required to sign in (and out) at reception to gain access to the Club. Please ensure that you bring your Club Membership Card for signing in and ask guests to have photo identification with them. Customers must be seated to eat and drink;standing around having a drink and a chat or co-mingling between groups is not permitted. Social distancing requirements must be maintained and the number of people admitted into Halyards will be limited. Bookings are not essential; however, they are preferred and will take priority over ‘walk-ins’ – a maximum booking of 10 people per table. Unfortunately, post-race presentations and other organised Club events are not yet permitted at this time. Our ‘‘Grab & Go’’ service will continue to operate with access via the rear gate (near A-Arm) into the Clubhouse. No sign in is required with ‘Grab & Go’, however access into Halyards will not be permitted. If you want to sit down and have a drink or a bite to eat please enter Halyards via reception.
Yacht Racing- during competitive sailing and training there will be no limits on crew numbers, however the skipper will need to ensure those on board maintain social distancing where reasonably practicable whilst not involved in competition and training.
Things are getting back to normal, however the pandemic is still with us and we must not be complacent.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support of the Club.
Please look after yourself and those around you.
Click here for more information on Halyards Hours