17 March 2020
In response to Australian Government guidelines to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Board and management of the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club have implemented a number of actions to protect the health and well being of our members, staff and guests.
- After much consideration, the following is effective immediately but this announcement may change as the situation evolves, please refer to the Club website and emails for updates.
- At this stage, this week’s racing calendar will continue to run as scheduled on Wednesday, Thursday Twilights, Saturday Inshore, Centreboard and the final Tuesday Women’s Twilight race. Rather than gathering in Halyards prior to racing, members are encouraged to purchase takeaway food and beverage and head directly to their boats.
- Where necessary for the protection of our members and volunteers, yacht race management roles will be conducted by RPAYC staff.
- Following Tuesday Women’s Twilight Race (24 March), all racing will be cancelled until further notice.
- The Optimist NSW State Championship 2020 scheduled for 28/29 March has been postponed by the NSW Optimist Association.
- Halyards Bar & Bistro will open from 8am to 3pm daily, except Friday 20 March when Alfred’s Table will remain open for dinner with table sizes limited to ensure appropriate distances. Happy Hour will be held in Halyards on Friday 20 March and the New Members Welcome Evening is cancelled.
- Forthcoming RPAYC events are postponed until further notice – these include: Sail Expo (21/22 March), Pittwater to Coffs Harbour Race (3 April), New Members Night (20 March), Little Black Dress Dinner (7 April), Old Timers Race & Lunch (18 April), as well as regular functions Family Friday nights, First Friday, Speakers Corner, Lunch & Bubbles.
- The tender service and boatyard will operate as usual.
We continue to ask all members to be vigilant to protect yourself and others from infection and require that you not attend the Club if:
- You or anyone in your immediate family or work colleagues has COVID-19 or has been in contact with a known COVID-19 patient.
- Your or anyone in your immediate family or work colleagues is in voluntary isolation or have recently returned from overseas.
- You have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms.
Thank you to all members for your continued co-operation and support. We will be monitoring the Government guidelines for guidance on social interaction and gatherings for future Club racing and advise accordingly.