The 2015-16 Sailing Season planning is well underway with the annual events calendar to be published shortly online.
For memebers who compete in the Club Marine Blue Water Pointscore Series there have been some changes to the program of events with the inclusion on the Sydney to Gold Coast Race as Race 1 and a third Category 2 event to the series. The Cabbage Tree Island Race has been changed to have boats round Boondelbah Island instead, the Yacht Race Committee decide that this would give a safer rounding. Event dates are:
· 25 July – Sydney to Gold Coast Yacht Race (CYCA) – Cat 2
· 26 Sept – Club Marine Boondelbah Island Race – Cat 2
· 21 Nov – Club Marine Bird Island Race – Cat 3
· 2 Jan – Club Marine Pittwater to Coffs Harbour Yacht Race – Cat 2
· 20 Feb – Club Marine Pittwater to Sydney Yacht Race – Cat 3
· 9 April – Club Marine Pittwater to Newcastle Yacht Race – Cat 3
The Notice of Race and Entry System will be activated soon. Boats competing in the CYCA Sydney to Gold Coast Race are to enter directly with the CYCA and under their conditions of the race.
All Yachting Australia Category 2 events will require competitors to have and Automated Identification System (AIS) installed and carry a satelite phone.
Boats requiring a YA SR Category 2 Audit should contact the Sailing Office to arrange a audit date. A completed Cat 2 audit form and radio inspection form are required.