The forecast for Saturday is partly cloudy with a few showers. Don't let the weather dampen your club spirit for the RPAYC 2014/15 Sailing Season Opening Day!!
A new category has just been announced for the boat with the 'Best Weather Inspired Costume/ Salute!'
Think, "Its Singing in the Rain", "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head" or one for the ladies' fleet, "It's Raining Men"! Get creative and have fun!!
The Honourable Bronwyn Bishop MP will be in attendance and will be firing the cannon to officially open the season. Proceedings start at 10.30am, bring your singing voice and join in the National Anthem!
Scduedule of Events:
0800 - Halyards Open
0900 - Sailing season registration entries are open
1030 - Commodore’s Welcome
- National Anthem
- Commodore declares 2014-15
- Sailing Season open!
- Firing of the cannon
- Raising of the Flag ceremony by Clubman of the Year David Kennedy
- Sail Past vessels assemble north of the Club. Members and guests assemble on C Arm /T-head to view sail past. The order of the sail past for Motor Vessels, Yachts and Centreboard fleets is outlined in the Program of the day flyer.
1130 - Sail Past parade commences
1230 - Opening Day Yacht Race
- “The Pittwater Dash Spinnaker race” - Enter Here (see back page of flyer below for SIs)
1400 - Entertainment & Lunch*
1530 - Prize Giving
- Happy Hour between 3pm & 4pm
The 4Pines Brewing Company are sponsoring this years Opening Day, enjoy samples and special priced tap beers on the day.
*Members’ complimentary alfresco roasts & BBQ lunch with salads will be served in Halyards annexe from 1400hrs following the yacht race, for those with pre-booked tickets only. Tickets are to be collected from reception.
Guest (and non Member) lunch tickets may be purchased for $25 each ($15 kids) and bookings are essential.