Update on 16 April General Meeting (GM)
James Mayjor presented to the General Meeting on the following group of key initiatives on which the Board are currently focussing;
- Increasing the Clubs focus on sailing and improving everything we do regarding the sport of sailing
- Improving our Food and Beverage offering
- Building our Club culture to ensure the Club is a fun and enjoyable place to be
- Considering in depth our Membership package offering
This last initiative was discussed in detail at the GM. The main emphasis of the project is to provide more affordable and attractive membership options for younger sailors as the Board have identified this is an area requiring substantial improvement. Whilst addressing this issue the Board is also eager to ensure that both Full and General members receive better value for their membership subscriptions, and create membership packages that better suit individual member’s requirements.
As such the Board has developed a draft proposal to the membership of two new membership tiers;
- “SailPass” - a one day temporary membership for people who want to participate at the club and be covered by AS insurance.
- “Crew Membership” - this low cost ($25/mth for 12 mths) option provides the bare minimum of benefits but enables sailors who otherwise can’t afford the cost of a full membership to participate in our great club.
In addition to the introduction of the above new membership tiers the Board will also be considering a range of enhancements to the current Full and General Membership categories.
Stay tuned! In the coming weeks we intend to explain all the details of each proposed change, and how they will affect members (current and new) by way of case examples. We hope that you support these proposals and the changes that will be required to the RPAYC Constitution at a General Meeting scheduled for Tuesday 11 June, 2019.
CLICK HERE to view the Board's Presentation to the General Meeting on 16 April, 2019.