Youth Out There Program Information
Welcome to the Alfred's Australian Sailing (AS) Youth Out There Programs.
Sailing is such an incredibly versatile sport, it can be enjoyed by young and old, at adrenalin pumping levels or an avenue to enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon. Best of all, it all starts here! In the Australian Sailing (AS) NEW Out There Youth Program by The Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club (RPAYC).
The Alfred's offers a simple training pathway for youth wanting to expereince sailing (keelboats or dinghies or Cats), SUPS or even Windsurfers. Courses are delivered by Australian Sailing (AS) accredited instructors following a national syllabus.
If you would like to discover sailing, we will provide a safe, fun, and affordable environment to build your skills.
2019 Course Information - Youth Out There Program
- Out There Experience Program - 09:00 - 3:30
- BBQ on the final day after class to talk to Instructors
Courses Coming Up
- Class Training (September 22, 2019 09:00)
- Tactical Navigation & Race Planning Seminar (FREE EVENT) (September 26, 2019 19:00)
- Class Training (September 29, 2019 09:00)
- School Holiday Sailing Program (September 30, 2019 09:00)
- School Holiday Sailing Program (October 08, 2019 09:00)
- Kids Learn to Sail "Tackers" - Term 4 (October 20, 2019 09:00)
Active Kids Vouchers
The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the new Active Kids program and Australian Sailing is an approved provider. From 31 January 2018, parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher valued up to $100 (x 2) per calendar year for each school-enrolled child. Required at time of Registration. Apply for your voucher online here
What Class Should I Enrol in?
Out There Program Experience
OutThere Sailing is an opportunity for 12 – 17 year olds looking to try something new on the water, the OutThere Sailing program offers a fantastic way to experience sailing , have fun, make new friends and learn exciting and valuable skills that will help you both now and in the future. OutThere Sailing is open to all - you don't have to have sailed before. In most cases you will be on the water from day one as part of a group with an instructor close at hand. Depending on your location, you could be sailing, windsurfing, stand-up paddleboarding, going on a keelboat or powerboat.
Who should do this experience?
This experience is designed for participants who are 12-17 years-old looking to try a new activity, have some fun and engage with others whilst sailing.
Frequently Asked Questions
The RPAYC does offer a great Youth Membership opportunity for individuals and families and a wealth of benefits which includes DISCOUNTED courses.
Here is what you need to bring with every time you go on water:
- Clothes & Shoes – wear ones you don’t mind getting wet and will keep you warm on cold days.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Drink bottle, lunch and snacks.
- Hat – to keep you warm and protect you from the sun.
- …and loads of energy!