The R.P.A.Y.C. welomes all Etchells competitors to Australian 2016-2017 Championship.
Australian Championship is scheduled for January, 11-15 (racing 12-15), 2017
Australian Championship Race Documents
- Notice of Race
- Online Entry System (including payment of fees, crew registration and document submission)
- List of Competitors
- Sailing Instructions
- Protest Log
- Notices and Amendments - See below
- Notice to Competitors
- Competitors attention is drawn to the safety requirements.
NSW does not accept declarations in regard to Category 7 issues. You will need to have your AS Cat. 7 certificate signed off by an official equipment auditor.
Please endeavour to have this done at your Home Club. Whilst we can provide auditors to undertake this task, time and resources are precious and we don’t want to inconvenience you in completing this requirement.
Your attention is drawn to Appendix A of the NoR.
The additional equipment over and above the standard AS Cat. 7 as per attached requirement is flares, radio & for the sake of clarity a CQR 7kg or 13S (Danforth) Anchor is required as defined in SR 4.05 Table 3. Two Red Hand Held and Two Orange Smoke (they must be in date) in a waterproof container. This is greater requirement than class rules.
If your AS Cat. 7 certificate does not record the addiitonal items then your certificate and your items must be presented at registration.
Download an Australian Sailing Category 7 plus NoR requirements form here. Contact the RPAYC Sailing Office if you require an audit inspection prior to registration 02 9998 3700.
- Amendment to NoR Clause 5.63. and 6 (30/12/216)
- Amendment to NoR Clause 15.4 (06/01/17)
- Amendment to SI Clause 6 (10/01/17).
- Amendment to SI Clause 18.2 (13/01/17)
- Amendment to SI Clause 17 and SI 6 & Notice to competitors (14/01/2017)
- RRS 2017-2020 & Australian Sailing Presciptions
- Int. Etchells Class Rules
- Int. Etchells Class Membership
Lunch Order Form
Schedule of Events
|Tuesday. 10 January||Registration & Crew Weigh In||Regatta Office||1300-1700|
|Wednesday, 11 January||Registration & Crew Weigh In||Regatta Office||1100-1800|
|Thursday, 12 January||Crew Weigh In||Regatta Office||0900-1000|
|Thursday, 12 January||Competitors Briefing||Halyards||1030|
|Thursday, 12 January||Racing||1st Warning Signal 1255|
|Friday, 13 January||Racing||1st Warning Signal 1155|
|Saturday, 14 January||Racing||1st Warning signal 1155|
|Sunday, 15 January|
Green Point Hard Strand
1st Warning Signal 0925
Food and Beverage Facilities
Halyards Bistro and Bar will be open; Wednesday from 900, Thursday from 830, and Fri/Sat/Sun from 800
- Race Lunch Order form (Pre Book your crews lunch so they dont miss out)
- Thursday: Make Your Own Burgers provided in Halyards
- Friday: Halyards will be open for those wishing to purchase bistro snacks meals and or dinner.
- Saturday: Halyards will be open for those wishing to purchase bistro snacks meals and or dinner.
- Sunday: Sausage Sizzle provided over on Green Point Hardstand with Prize Giving
RPAYC Club Information, Services, Local Accomodation, Facilities and More
- Storage and Berthing at RPAYC
Hardstand and derigged Etchells storage is available leading up to and between the State and National Championships. Storage availability is limited and will be allocated based on the date of application received, with a priority for those storing for the full period between regattas or interstate competitors.
- ETCHELLS STORAGE
Available from mid-October through until mid-January.
- Hardstand Storage $100 per week (for example between State and National Championships, 28th November to 7th January).
- Car Park Derigged Storage $25 per week (for example between State and National Championships, 28th November to 7th January).
- NOTE: NoR Free Berthing Arrangements
- For Storage, Berthing, Access Enquiries
- Support Craft
- Due to the demand for berths during these events RPAYC is unable to provide berthing for support craft.
- All coach and support craft must be registered with the Organising Authority (at registration) who will issue the boat/driver with an identification flag.
Gill are the official apparel suppliers, view and purchase exclusive apparel at Gill Gear
NSW Championship 2016-2017
Can you Volunteer?
These two major events will require a vast number of volunteers to add to the success and ease of competition. If you would like to volunteer please fill out the following form below.
Rick Welch has kindly offered to be the head volunteer for landbased activities (inc Tow Boats) and Ted Anderson for all on-water actities/race management. if you can assist please complete the volunteer registration form below.
On-Water roles include:
Shorebased roles include:
|Towing of Etchells to and from the course area|
|Managing Volunteers (Head Volunteer)|
Welcoming and directing visitors
Registration, weigh -ins and measurements
Assisiting with launching and retrieving of vessels
Conducting Special Regulation Audits (Category 7)
Assiting with Social Functions & Presentations